Take Care of Spills as Soon as they Happen!
At Smash.to we know that a nice smelling meal out of the oven may look like a gorgeous movie scene, but what they don’t show in movies is the tiresome process of cleaning the burnt crust that follows.
However, there is a simple hack that can save you a lot of time and pain-brushing. Fill a bowl resistance to heat with water and leave it at 400 F / ~ 200 C for about 15 or 20 minutes. When hot enough, switch the heating off and wait for it to cool down. Water vapour helps to soften any buildups on the walls and ceiling of your average oven. This way, wiping dirt off with a sponge or paper towels becomes simple and easy. A good piece of advice comes from Galen-N, calling for a DIY mixture of rose oil and vinegar for a strong and aroma-rich mixture that you can apply throughout your entire home, especially good for removing kitchen smells. World-recognized Bulgarian rose oil is the best, the experts add.
Wipe & Clean the Shower
Soap stains and water drops are an enemy to the caring householder’s shower cabin. As with time, it can only become worse not only aesthetically but also when has to be cleaned.
Spend less on elbow grease and buying detergents with your classic rubber squeegee and a fast wipe seconds after you shower. Use condensing water vapor to wipe walls and glass. For just a few seconds, you save a ton of unnecessary post-factor scrubbing. This not only cuts effort later down the road, but reduced the use of detergents to get stains away.
Leave Ironing Behind
There is an easy hack for everyone who is not happy ironing or does not have the luxury of time to do so. Hang your clothes in the bathroom and while you shower the steam will help the clothes straight up.
This can save you priceless hours in the course of a month.
Windows and Window sills
That’s where the biggest temperature fight happens in any property. No matter the season, there’s always a temperature gap between the inside and outside of a property, be it a house or flat. If you lack regular wipe and clean, you not only risk mould on your windows but also setting the grounds for minor to nasty pest infestations.
Tidy the House
To have random things placed everywhere in your apartment leads to more time-consuming cleaning and more dusting off.
Spare a moment every now and then to leave possessions in the room that you actually really use often enough to deserve their place comments Bin There Dump That (USA). Either get rid of the things you have no use of or box them nicely somewhere, where they can be accessed in need.
Check our guide:
Timeless Tips for DIY Home Design
Learn to Use Appliances Efficiently
But how does that happen?
- If you learn to experiment with the temperature of your washing machine, there are a number of things that you can throw into it and get the unit cleaned.
- It will surprise you how efficient a dishwasher is for sanitizing items such as sports equipment and toys.
- Tired of washing the blender after each use? Fill it up with warm water, add a drop of dishwashing liquid and turn it on for a couple of seconds. Rinse well afterwards, and you are good for another shake in less than a minute.
- Similar to the oven cleaning trick previously mentioned, each time you heat water in the microwave, you can use the chance to wipe off the insides with a warm cloth or paper towel.
Do Laundry Smarter
Don’t leave the laundry for Sunday!
It will be much easier if you find a little time to do laundry once-twice per week. Sorting your clothes beforehand might prove very useful as well. Have separate bowls for blacks, whites, coloured, delicate fabrics, etc. Learn to use the dryer carefully and you might even opt-in for saving time with folding and ironing.
Disinfect Carpets & Upholstery
Rugs, sofas and drapery tend to gather and hold both dust and allergens that can affect the well-being of both pets and family. That’s why postponing cleaning is a bad idea. Specialists offer thorough reviews of many affordable units suitable for domestic use. However, depending on thickness and fabrics, professional vs DIY goes a long way too, comment experts from Fantastic Cleaners (UK).
Check our post:
12 Living Room Rug Ideas
You may not realize it, but you can significantly improve the hygiene factor of your home by spending a few minutes per day clean the dirtiest places.
- When you wait for the hot tub to fill up, you can use this time to wipe off the sink or countertops or even give a nice scrub to the toilet seat.
- Waiting for the oven to heat up? Use these moments to load the dishwasher with the dirty utensils you just used. It will save you time afterwards and your kitchen will look nicer
- If your house has more than one floor, never go up and down empty-handed. Certainly, there will be objects needed to be put in the right place
- Why not dusting the room while chatting on the phone? Get yourself hands-free and you might even mob the floor in no time.
- If you grow to practice well enough, you could even consider speed cleaning as a part-time job.