When you are a teen, self-expression matters a lot. Everything from the way you look to the design of your room should be a reflection of your personality.
Decorating a room is probably one of the most exciting activities for teens. However, how to dress up your private space to make it stylish and eye-catching, but, at the same time, ensure that your ideas would be easy to implement? Luckily, there are plenty of design solutions you can easily apply yourself and, in this article, we are going to give you a few hints on what options to consider.
Top 5 Teen Room Décor Ideas
If you are craving for some change and want to turn your room into an inspiring, stylish, and eye-catching place that reflects your personality, these simple décor ideas can come in handy:
1: Christmas Lights
Which one of us doesn’t love shiny Christmas lights?! Probably, there are no such people, which makes it a pretty good design solution.
If you are looking for cool and simple décor ideas, the easiest way to create a magical atmosphere in the room is to hang some Christmas lights. You can put them however you want. For example, place lights on the window behind the curtains, put them on the ceiling to create a “night sky”, or just hang them around the perimeter of the room.
2: Photo Collage
Another extremely easy idea is to decorate your room with photos. Make a collage with the brightest moments of your life. First of all, this will help you dress up the room and secondly, such a collage will boost your mood each time you see it.
Alternatively, you can use banners and images instead of your own photos. Choose something inspiring and motivational to create the right mood and atmosphere.
3: Drawing On The Wall
While hanging art or photos is generally a good way to dress up your room, transforming your plain walls into an art-piece can have a real wow-effect!
If you are an artistic person ready to unleash your creative potential, creating a neat drawing on your wall can be a good idea. Depending on your preferences and skills, you can stick with a simple graphical image or do something bigger.
However, be ready to spend some time applying this idea. It may take a few days or even weeks to implement your ideas. Therefore, if you are up for the challenge, don’t forget to plan your time wisely and have a backup plan with EssayPro in case you have urgent assignments that have to be done. Professional writers will take care of your academic matters, giving you enough time for decorating your room.
4: Ombre Wall Effect
If you loved the previous idea, but don’t think that you are ready to paint the whole wall (or you are not really an artistic person), then this tip should be good for you! Ombre walls look stylish and eye-catching, and this technique of making an Ombre effect is actually quite easy to apply like these these DIY ideas.
Here is a brief guide on how to make an ombre wall:
- Choose colors. Here, you have plenty of space for creativity. Choose whatever colors you like and blend them into an eye-catchy ombre wall.
- Use painter’s tape to tape off the wall you are going to paint and put the drop cloth on the floor.
- Pour each paint color into a separate tray.
- Cover the whole wall with the lightest of chosen shades.
- Take the darkest shade and use it to make a stripe at the top of the wall.
- Use the middle color to create a stripe a few inches below the dark one.
- Mix your dark and medium shades and use this mix to cover the space between two stripes. This way you will create a smooth transition between colors.
- Repeat step 7 with your medium and light colors.
- Blend transitions between colors on the wall with a wet brush to create a blur.
- Continue adding color and blending them until you get the desired result.
Just that easy to have your Ombre effect wall!
5: DIY Door Décor
Finally, the last idea on this list (but not the least creative and inspiring) is to decorate your room’s door. Generally, there are several ways you can go to do this:
- Paint – color the door with your favorite colors, create interesting blends or even draw something on it.
- Images and stickers – hang photos, banners, or other images on the door to make it look eye-catching.
- Tape – create unique patterns and designs on the door with the help of tape.
There are also plenty of other ideas, so don’t limit yourself to the options from this list. Just consider them as a starting point and then use your creativity to create something truly unique!