Thanks to the advancement of technology, interior design has never been so fun and easy. Many of these apps allow us to visualize the design and layout of our rooms, known as rearranging furniture apps. These apps come in handy when moving to a new home, remodelling, redesigning a room, even purchasing new furniture.
If you’ve ever wondered how that piece of furniture would look on the other side of the room, or if the new curtains match the desk, you don’t have to rack your brains anymore. Worry not – we have compiled the best apps, so you don’t have to.
#1 Planner 5D (Android and iOS)
Planner 5D is free-to-use design software that allows users to build 2D and 3D floor plans and unique layouts. It helps build personalized interior designs using a variety of materials such as custom furniture, walls, floors, colours, and patterns.
Upholstery, mattresses, display cabinets, curtains, rugs, kitchenware, and more are all included in Planner 5D’s built-in library. Allowing you to try new things like a classic or modern aesthetic. In addition, you can use augmented reality and virtual reality tools to allow customers to explore things and alter items based on personal preferences, making purchasing decisions easier.
You can purchase things presented in developed designs using the online shopping mechanism. And you can also post your projects and collaborate with others using the community module.
- Easy-to-use software that requires no expertise.
- Available for use online or on iOS, OS X, and Android devices.
- Create photorealistic creations with just one click.
- Create professional 3D renderings of your concept without prior experience using 3D modelling.
- Creates horizontal planes for floors and tables by analysing camera-captured situations.
#2 RoomScan Pro (iOS only)
Are you looking for a floor plan? RoomScan Pro can measure your rooms easily, using your device against the walls. Although “using our device against the walls” may seem strange, the truth is this rearranging furniture app works just like that.
To measure our room, all we have to do is place our device against the walls in order, repeating the first two at the end to let the app know we have finished. Thanks to our movement generated by placing the device on the walls and the accelerometer, RoomScan Pro is able to measure with great approximation both the shape and the size of our room.
- You can get a floor plan in 3 different ways: touching the walls, drawing it yourself, or using the camera.
- You can combine the method with a Bluetooth laser measure to enhance accuracy.
- It’s an ideal app for property condition reports.
- It’s free, although you may need to make in-app purchases to use certain features.
#3 IKEA Place (iOS only)
Let’s be honest here. Who hasn’t heard of IKEA? Who doesn’t trust this brand when it comes to interior design? Well, if you love their furniture and store, you’ll be glad to know they released an app to help decorate your home.
Users with compatible devices can decorate their home through the device’s camera with IKEA furniture before purchasing it. If you’re not sure how that IKEA sofa would look in your living room, or that bookshelf in your bedroom, don’t worry. With this rearranging furniture app, you’ll never have to rack your brains again.
IKEA Place also includes a visual search engine to search its catalogue for any piece of furniture of the Swedish firm that we see somewhere else and get more information.
- You can see the actual size of the furniture and how they would be in the rooms.
- It is completely free to use.
- If you see a piece of IKEA furniture you like, you can scan it to access more information.
#4 RoomPlanner: Home Interior 3D (Android and iOS)
Are you looking for a rearranging furniture app and design inspiration for your home? This interior design app includes design themes for the living room, bedroom, kitchen, dining room, bathroom, hall, home office, baby and children’s room, and more.
It comes in helpful when you need to remodel, decorate, or renovate your home. It can even assist you in the construction of a home.
You can choose interior items from a vast catalogue of products to design and furnish your home exactly how you want it, and you can preview how it will look in 3D virtual reality. As their creator’s mention, it’s as simple as playing a video game.
- Easy to use even if you’re not a designer and have no experience.
- You can use real measurements to decorate and furnish interiors with world-famous brands, as well as generate a shopping list.
- Change anything in the image, from the colour of the walls to the furniture layout.
- You may create professional visualizations and receive ideas from pre-designed room/house layouts.
- You can use it both online and offline.
- Available on iOS and Android
#5 Amikasa (iOS only)
Amikasa is an award-winning virtual staging tool that lets you plan and build your ideal room arrangement and furniture using augmented reality. It’s great to have this tool on hand for anyone buying a house or moving.
The software is simple to use and takes you step-by-step through each level. Begin by selecting one of the predefined room forms or designing a unique floor plan, then determining the exact wall dimensions and positioning windows and doors.
You then may use the colour wheel to experiment with different colour combinations. You may then drag and drop furniture items from the catalogue into your space, rearranging, rotating, and adjusting them as needed.
After you’ve finished setting up your room, select ‘walk through mode’ to take a virtual tour of your newly created space. You can also seek guidance and feedback by sharing your creation on social media. That’s brilliant!
- User-friendly software that helps design a unique floor plan.
- You can choose to work in 2D or 3D.
- 2015 Webby Award Winner.
- Visualize the furniture anywhere in your home with Augmented Reality.
- Shop for your favourite items.
- Ask for advice by sharing your designs with friends.
As you can see, there are several different rearranging furniture apps and software to help you create the house of your dreams. It doesn’t matter if you have no prior experience in interior design, as these applications are user-friendly and intuitive! If you rearrange your furniture on a regular basis these apps can be the perfect tool for you to experiment before rolling up those sleeves and moving the furniture around.
Hungry for more furniture inspiration? Or wanting some tip and tricks for your next project? Head over to our blog section today. With articles on How To Draw a Floor Plan For Free and How To Cover Up Ugly Walls Without Painting In 10 Easy Ways.